Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 1995 02:31:32 +0100 (MET)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier ROBERT)
To:        dgy@seagull.rtd.com (Don Yuniskis)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: CVS stuff

>     Does CVS, as installed, support "binary" files?  I seem
> to recall that was an option in the package...

The support is limited but it exist. The problem is keyword substi-
tution which should not be done for binary file obviously.

>     Also, can someone clarify the function/utility of the
> "vendortag" and "releasetag" in importing sources (e.g., the
> FreeBSD source hierarchy)?

When you import sources, vendortag is the name of the package and
releasetag is the release #. When you import a new version only releastag
change. Well, that's how I understand it :-) I'm far from being a CVS
expert even if I use it for everything now.
--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
      FreeBSD keltia 2.1.0-Development #2: Sat Jan  7 00:55:25 MET 1995