Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:33:40 -0400
From:      "Constantine A. Murenin" <cnst@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@FreeBSD.org>, "Constantine A. Murenin" <cnst@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 126745 for review

On 23/09/2007 15:13, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> FreeBSD style transformer program is? I assume it would be extremely useful
> to everyone that is forced to use multiple different styles depending on what
> project they are contributing to, like me. Then before commit I will run that

The complaint about various projects requiring different style would
have been entirely valid if not for the fact that FreeBSD doesn't impose
its own unique coding practices onto every contributor.

The differences between KNF on FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD and DragonFly
BSD are as minor as to the point of being largely irrelevant.

At the end of the day, these very style conventions that are used by the
BSD projects are even available in the style(9) manual page of the
standard Mac OS X installation. (-:

Put it another way -- why don't you tell all the other projects, to
which you are contributing, that all your code complies with the style
conventions as they are documented in the style(9) manual page of the
world's most popular Unix system? :-)

Best regards,
Constantine.