Date:      Thu, 8 Oct 1998 09:45:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Larry S. Lile" <lile@stdio.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DMA questions

I am working on a driver for Olicom token-ring cards and using the
Linux driver as a guideline but I am unsure about the dma commands
they are using.  Any ideas on how to replicate this under FreeBSD?

Also is
there any good reference for dma under FreeBSD I can't seem to find much?

  dmachan = oi->config->dmalevel;
  if ((dmachan != TRLLD_DMA_PIO) &&
      (dmachan != TRLLD_DMA_MASTER)) {
    if (request_dma (dmachan, "oltr")) {
      dprintk (KERN_INFO "%s: Couldn't grab DMA%d for this card.\n",
dev->name, dmachan);
      return -EAGAIN;
    oi->flags |= OLTR_GOT_DMA;  }
    /* I haven't the foggiest what "mode 0xc0" means. The SCO and DOS
       drivers do similar things... */
>   clear_dma_ff(dmachan);           <  This is what I am confused
>   set_dma_count (dmachan, 0);      <  about...
>   set_dma_mode (dmachan, 0xc0);    <
>   enable_dma (dmachan);            <
  }

Thanks in adavance