Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 2002 20:26:48 -0800
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Alp ATICI <atici@math.columbia.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: icc status on FreeBSD

> I respect the gcc effort, but if icc is as good as it is told to be
> then it could supersede (at least in intel community) gcc.
> What is the general sentiment and the will for cooperation about
> porting icc to FreeBSD?

I doubt that porting will be necessary; I've watched another developer
(who will probably come forward when he's ready) compiling large portions
of the FreeBSD codebase with the Linux icc binary.

Initial performance results were solid but not astounding; we'll see when
it's ready, eh?

 = Mike

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not