Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2004 21:57:19 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Banana Flex <flex.banana@bluewin.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ed4 on FreeBSD 5.2.1

Banana Flex wrote:

> hello!
>
> i'm a new user of FreeBSD and i have a little problem:
> i can not use my PCMCIA Ethernet card on FreeBSD 5.2.1 RC2 on an i386
> platform.
>
> how do i install the ed4 driver? i think is the correct driver
> because on FreeBSD 4.9 my PCMCIA Ethernet card was properly detected
> and on  FreeBSD 5.2.1 isn't not working :-(
> can i install it from the 4.9 Release? how can i?
>
> what is the good way to make it please?
> thanks you very much
>
> Banana

Are you sure it's an "ed4" driver?  Isn't
it just "ed"?

IIRC, "ed" requires "device miibus" in
your kernel config ... is it there?  (Note
that you didn't say *what* PCMCIA NIC
you have....)

Does your 5.X system see any devices
in your PCMCIA slot?  Maybe you need
pccard or cardbus support ... (no expert
here ... my only laptop is in the junk pile
now ... I've never put FBSD on one ...yet!)

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo S.P.