Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2007 02:06:58 -0800
From:      Jeffrey Williams <jeff@sailorfej.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   jails and multple interfaces

Hi Folks,

I am trying to set a jail hosting server to support multiple jails for
development testing.

The server has two network interfaces, I am configuring one for host
server to use, and the other with several aliased IPs, one for each of
the jail servers.

All the services running on the host are configured to bind to the host
IP on the first interface.

The crux is both interfaces on the same network, I am seeing the
expected arp errors (e.g. kernel: arp: x.x.x.x is on int0 but got reply
on int1), now I know I set the sysctl variable
net.link.ether.inet.log_arp_wrong_iface=0 to get rid of these messages,
but what I want to know if there are any other problems I am going to
have having both interfaces live on the same network.  Also even though
I have the jail host's services all binding to the first interfaces ip,
there is not guarantee that network traffic originating from the jail
host will only use its primary interface/IP, is their anyway to ensure
that the jail host does not try to talk through the interface being used
by the jails?

Thanks
Jeff