Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 1997 18:19:51 +1030 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        davidn@unique.usn.blaze.net.au (David Nugent), freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: getty patches

In article <19970202171317.RP40411@usn.blaze.net.au> you wrote:

: 6)	Fixed bugs in the %s, %m, %r and %v macros which don't
: 	currently work [uname() was never being called, thus
: 	the values for these were always blank. rlogin seems to
: 	suffer the same bug].

 Last time I sent in fixes for this nothing ever happened 'cause
 it wasn't deemed a "bug", but a security thing.   _however_ either
 you add the features, or remove them from the documentation.

 I vote for the include 'em :)

: Does anyone have any objecting to me committing these changes?
: I believe they bring our getty more in line with modem technology
: that has been available for over a decade now. :-)

 Yip! Yip! Just like mgetty only crunchy!  I'm sure i've seen the
 patches for getty to autodetect PPP LCP and run ppp so all we need
 now is fax recognition and we have mgetty (hehe)

 Perhaps if the autodetect PPP stuff hasn't been added in yet you could
 look to do that in a "minor-mega-commit" of all these changes.. :]

 Regards,
   Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds