Date:      Mon, 5 May 2014 11:41:11 +0000
From:      <Hartmut.Brandt@dlr.de>
To:        <jmmv@freebsd.org>, <bapt@freebsd.org>
Cc:        sjg@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Can fmake be deleted?

Hi,

I've seen that you've copied all the make tests over to usr.bin/make with a=
 comment that they are fmake-only. According to your question they are to b=
e removed.

Isn't bmake based on some version of fmake? In fact several of these tests =
check for bugs that I've fixed in our fmake some years ago. Are they now re=
introduced via the bmake import? Wouldn't it make sense to retain the tests=
 that apply to bmake?

In fact most of these tests are for rather basic things and if they do not =
work in bmake then things are broken.

When I worked on make I found it rather strange that one of the most basic =
programs has no tests altogether. So I recommend to make them work rather t=
o remove them.

harti