Date:      Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:03:08 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@lists.freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 60,000 mailboxes w/ WebAccess

I've done the Cyrus trip, it was nice, but too complex of a set up.
Granted, that was some 4 years ago, perhaps that whole SASL mess has
been made to actually work by now.

I've done the Qmail/vpopmail trip too, and while it worked and was
scalable, by the time you add in things like TLS, SMTP-AUTH, anti-virus,
anti-spam, and other things to bring it up to date, it was like running
a hack of a hack of a hack.  Everything was so inter-dependant on
something else, it was next to impossible to upgrade/change any single
component without upgrading/replacing everything.  Want it to run on a
farm?  Good luck!

For the last few months, I've been using Exim + Courier-IMAP.  I chose
Exim over postfix mainly because of Exiscan facility and it's ACL
configuration.  I'm sure that Postfix would work equally well with the
addition of something like Amavis.

Oh, for webmail, the best I've seen, is Squirrelmail.  It's easy to set
up (unlike IMP), very attractive (unlike SqWebMail or Twig), and has a
plugin facility that makes it trivial to expand functionality of the
application (unlike most every other solution out there).  I offer my
customers both Squirrelmail as a standard, and SqWebMail as a faster
alternative.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks