Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 1997 22:56:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question for SMP

Hi, I have been running SMP for about 1 month now, and I have a general
question.  I have noticed that certain programs, like mpg123 and netscape
to be precise, only seem to run on CPU1 according to top.  When I am in X,
I have about 6 xterms open, netscape, and an mpg123 playing, and they both
seem to stick to CPU1 while top moves between CPU0 and CPU1.  Is this
because CPU0 is the only one that can service interrupts?  Or am I missing
something?

Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group
7600 Boone Ave. N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
mesteka@anubis.network.com, mestery@winternet.com