Date:      Sun, 18 Dec 2005 01:14:07 -0300
From:      Gustavo Parrini <notebook@tdf.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to make init(8) run a daemon to me??

Hi All,

I'm having a pretty hard time trying to figure out how
can I get init(8) to run a daemon and respawn it if it
crashes. By the time I was a Linux user, it was done by
adding a line in /etc/inittab and it was all...

I know that it must be done in /etc/ttys but I couldn't
find any syntax example after searching the FreeBSD manpages,
maillists, Handbook and Google.

"man init" gives me this:

The *init* utility can also be used to keep arbitrary daemons running,
automatically restarting them if they die.  In this case, the first field
in the ttys(5) <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ttys&sektion=5&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+6.0-RELEASE+and+Ports>; file must not reference the path to a configured device
node and will be passed to the daemon as the final argument on its com-
mand line.  This is similar to the facility offered in the AT&T System V
UNIX //etc/inittab/.

Sounded a little cryptic to me... sorry...

Can anyone help me? If so, An example line would be fine.

Thanx !! =)

Gustavo