Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 19:43:30 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Steve Kaczkowski" <operator@phreak.net>
To:        pcalkins@oemsupport.com
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which hardware vender for FreeBSD?

> Have a quick (or not so quick) question:
>
> I am installing a datacenter with web servers, mail servers, database
> servers and file servers. I don't want any MS products if I can help it
> ;o). The question is which commercial vendors are best to use if going
> with a FreeBSD OS?

<SNIP>

I've had GREAT luck with Dell 2400,2450s. The 2400s are the real large 4U
suckers and the 2450s are are nice and small 2U. They both use the
ServerWorks PIII Chipset (other models probably do too) and I've found it
very reliable and FAST. Another nice thing about Dell is that you can order
one of their PERC2/DC RAID cards (which is actually an AMI OEM) and have
full support in FreeBSD..

Well, hope this helps and good luck!

--
Steve Kaczkowski