Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 21:00:33 -0500
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@mojave.sitaranetworks.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Subject:   Re: 3c589d w/ freebsd 3.3 works badly.

[Moved to FreeBSD-mobile]

On Monday,  6 December 1999 at 16:12:49 -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <199912060251.NAA16461@cairo.anu.edu.au> Darren Reed writes:
> : How reliable should the ep0 driver be with 3c389d pcmcia cards ?
>
> I had no problems using 3.3 and my 3C589D, but I've only done minor
> stuff with that.  I've done most of my work on -current, however.  The
> most likely problem is that you're using the wrong IRQ for the card.
> You'll want to check /etc/rc.conf to make sure that you are using the
> /etc/pccard.conf file.  Also, you'll want to make sure that the irq
> line is correct.

I don't know if this is the same issue, but I've seen terrible write
performance on my 3C589C under -CURRENT, and so has phk.  Read
performance is OK.  Looking at the hub, I see a short burst of
activity and then nothing for the rest of a second.  This repeats
itself in this manner.  No errors, but a write throughput of less than
50 kB/s.  I've seen this before recent changes in -CURRENT, but it
seems worse now (or maybe I've just paid more attention to it now :-).

Greg