Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2007 11:46:58 -0600
From:      Modulok <modulok@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Base system config file headers...

In the header of many of the base system's config files there are
lines similar to this:

    "# $FreeBSD: src/etc/group,v 1.32.2.1 2006/03/06 22:23:10 rwatson Exp $"

Do these have any useful purpose, other than as a human-readable
comment? Some kind of versioning or update information to be processed
by some automated tool of some sort? Basically I just want to know if
I can safely delete them in any config files I tweak.

Thanks.
-Modulok-