Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 02:54:59 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Arjan van Leeuwen (by way of Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>) <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs Linux For Managers Part 2

Arjan van Leeuwen wrote:
> I'm currently working (with the support and cooperation of some other people)
> on a FreeBSD PR site, as discussed earlier here on -advocacy, which will
> debut (hopefully) on Wednesday. We could do something like this on the site -

It would be good if you could get someone to write a printable
paper, periodically maintained , scattered with URLs, called something
like "BSD V. Linux - A Comparison" (preferably not "FreeBSD V.
Linux") Printable both as A4 for rest of world, & USA size too.

Last year our Munich BSD club had a stand at an exhibition for a
week, & the most frequent question was "What is BSD ?" Fortunately
we had a leaflet:  http://bim.bsn.com/leaflet/

Next most frequent question was "How does BSD compare to Linux ?".
When visitors come too fast to answer individually, one needs a
leaflet.  Could someone find time to write one (I'm too busy planning
a future BSD conference for Munich,  http://bim.bsn.com/conf/ )

The leaflet should be factual & balanced, not rabid, Linux is OK
too, & we want Linux (& other) people to read the leaflet & be
tempted to try BSD, we don't want to incite Linux people to try to
lynch BSD leaflet distributors :-)

Less need for a "BSD V. MS" leaflet, less deirable to recruit M$ zombies.

Julian Stacey  jhs @ berklix.com  Computer Sys. Eng. & Unix Consultant, Munich
   Ihr Rauchen = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !  Schnupftabak probieren.
   FreeBSD-4.7 just out - free with 7650 programs - http://www.freebsd.org