Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:46:07 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@freebsd.org>
Cc:        doceng@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org, www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CALL FOR REVIEW] doc and www converted to XML

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:

> I'm glad to announce that the first milestone of the XML migration is
> available for review in the projects/sgml2xml branch.

This is excellent work!

First, a question: will the .sgml filenames be changed to .xml?

Second, a note on related software: a couple of days ago, Steve Wills
was gracious enough to make a port of Publican.  Publican is the RedHat
doc tool, which takes XML DocBook 4.5 and renders them to HTML or PDF or
other formats.  It has support for .po and .pot translation files.  I
have not given it a serious test, but it may be useful now that we have
XML files.

Thank you!