Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 22:07:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Utz <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with WD/Phillips 9710 video and 2.1.6-RELEASE Install

Hi Jordan;

mssr smith kindly pointed out that the problem may well have been a mighty
&P)*(& poor choice for a cheap vid card, but nonetheless, it is still out
there and people will buy it. So burn a new 3.0 and i will give it a
try...hmm, but the fact that it does not work with my hardware may not be
a valid data point. Nonetheless, roll another one and i will give it a
whack.

On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > 	suggestions or work arounds appreicated..jordan, if this is an
> > issue that has not come up before on the install, i would be happy to
> > tryout anything u can gin up.
>
> We can continue to hammer through 3.0 installs, if you like, since
> it's a lot easier to fix bugs in -current and then back-port them as
> necessary.  I'll start another 3.0 release build tonite which you can
> then load directly off my machine (geeze, I really need a T1 out to my
> house or a fast -current box on a LAN somewhere :-).
>
> 					Jordan

 John Utz	spaz@u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life