Date:      Fri, 05 Sep 2008 03:26:33 -0700
From:      "Jeff Kelley, DDS" <jakelleydds@sbcglobal.net>
To:        "freebsd-isp@freebsd.org" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Oral Disease: Gingivitis

Greetings from Jeff Kelley, DDS!

Oral Disease: Gingivitis

Gingivitis is the most common periodontal disease, affecting 90% of the=
 population=2E It is an infection of the gums caused by bacteria that f=
orm plaque=2E

In small amounts (when it is newly formed), plaque is invisible and rel=
atively harmless=2E But when left to accumulate, it increases in volume=
 and the proportion of harmful bacteria grows=2E=20

These bacteria release toxins that result in inflammation of the gum ti=
ssue=2E Eventually, the plaque hardens and forms hard deposits called c=
alculus or tartar=2E

If not properly treated, gingivitis may progress to periodontitis, a pe=
riodontal disease in which there is loss of the bone that supports the =
teeth=2E

If you have questions regarding gingivitis, please call our office at (=
817)877-1651 or email us at jakelleydds@sbcglobal=2Enet today=2E

Best Regards,
Jeff Kelley, DDS

P=2ES=2E If you have any friends or family members who you feel could u=
se our services, please don't hesitate to have them call us=2E We'll be=
 sure to take good care of them=2E