Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 20:49:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD-advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Preliminary Tenets

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Sue Blake wrote:

>On Wed, May 13, 1998 at 07:26:08PM +0000, Jason C. Wells wrote:
>> OBTW, this is not intended to be a mailing list charter. This is intended
>> to be a charter for an organization.
>
>I don't want to be a member of an organisation that needs something like
>this, much less discuss it. Not a criticism, just personal preference.

Fair.

>I'm going to support FreeBSD however I can, whenever I get the chance,
>for as long as I feel like doing it. Don't ask me for any more than that.

The very neat thing about FreeBSD is that people contribute as they are
able. IMHO, no one in the community asks any more or less from any one
else. (I reaaaallly like FreeBSD and the community.)

Don't lose us yet. There is room for everyone.

Not everyone in the community is in the core. Not everyone in the
community is a CVS committer.

Organization does not preclude participation in other arenas of FreeBSD
daily business. Organization does not preclude participation in advovacy
either.

Please stick with us and participate. I know that you personally have
something to contribute. I have read the things that you have written.

Thank you,       | Try some of this. It will show you where you're at.
Jason Wells	 | http://www.freebsd.org/