Date:      Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:30:41 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@uni-mainz.de>
To:        "Donald J. O'Neill" <donaldj1066@fastmail.fm>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.4-PRERELEASE as cvsupdated today won't build, OS crashes

Well, it sounds funny,
but it seems to be fixed by plugging in keyboard/mouse (both USB) into
the USB ports on mobo - not as the scientist in Mainz did: into the
TFT's USB hub. This seems to be an issue. Fridey last week, this machine ran
head- and keyboardless until I did some stupid misconfigurations in the
kernel. That's it ...

Sorry

Oliver

P.S. Why is this behaviour so lethal to the kernel?