Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 2009 07:53:14 -0700
From:      "PC Tools" <newsletter@email.pctools.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   October eNews - 2010 security release our best yet!

------msg_border

Independent tests show PC Tools' powerful multi-layered approach provides b=
est-in-class detection and protection=2E

To ensure you always get our emails, please add the domain =40email=2Epctoo=
ls=2Ecom to your Safe Sender list=2E

Click on the below link to view this email online=20
http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VW

=20
2010 Security Portfolio Launch
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Hi Doc,=20

At PC Tools we measure ourselves on delivering quality software solutions t=
hat meet our customers=E2=80=99 needs=2E Recent customer research* told us =
that customer satisfaction is driven by the ability to detect and fix infec=
tions, followed by providing intuitive easy to use solutions with powerful =
protection=2E=20

With this as our guiding principle we=E2=80=99re pleased to announce the la=
unch of the 2010 Security Portfolio which includes; PC Tools=20
Internet Security=E2=84=A2, Spyware Doctor=E2=84=A2 with AntiVirus and Spyw=
are Doctor=E2=84=A2 delivering Precision Technology and Powerful Protection=
=21=20

Independent Test Data=20
---------------------

Independent Tests conducted for 2010 BETA product show that PC Tools produc=
ts provide leading protection**=2E=20

Test category                                           Score=20
Overall on-demand detection (556,224 samples)           99=2E46%=20

Wildlist Malware detection (on-demand and on-access)    100%=20

Behavioral/Dynamic detection (on-access)                100%=20

Overall system disinfection (active components)         100%=20

Rootkit disinfection (active components)                100%=20

2010 Security Range - New and Improved Features=20

The 2010 Security Portfolio has a diverse combination of technologies provi=
ding powerful multi-layered protection at every entry point, while intuitiv=
ely monitoring computer behavior to deliver the optimum user experience=2E=
=20

- Windows 7 Compatible=20

- Behavior Guard (ThreatFire) behavioral technology blocks new threats fast=
er than traditional signature methods=2E=20

- Multi-layered browsing protection with Site Guard and Browser Guard incor=
porating dynamic content analysis to protect against web exploits, roguewar=
e and drive-by downloads=2E=20

- Power-Saving mode minimizes the impact on battery power, extending user t=
ime by delaying power-intensive actions until a more appropriate time=2E=20

- Idle mode optimizing your PC resources for your usage by running CPU cons=
uming tasks including scans and updates automatically in idle mode=2E=20

- Game mode provides uninterrupted gaming, movie and presentation experienc=
es=2E=20

Paid Customers get a Free Upgrade to 2010 Release=20
laining how to upgrade to the 2010 version of your product=2E=20

Footnotes
---------
* PC Tools Ownership Study August 2009 conducted by Research Edge, Inc=2E=20
** AV Test Labs 1 October 2009 commissioned by PC Tools=20
=20
Windows=C2=AE is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation in the=
 United States of America and/or other countries=2E=20

GET POWERFUL PROTECTION
-----------------------

Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus 2010

Award-winning spyware and virus protection to secure your PC against privac=
y, tracking and virus threats=2E

http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSR

Top Threats
-----------
=20
Below are some of the latest threats identified by PC Tools Malware Researc=
h Center:
=20

Adware=2EAgent=2EZO=20
http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VR
=20

Backdoor=2EPCclient=20
http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VS
=20

Trojan=2EPopuper=20
http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VT
=20

Trojan-Spy=2EVB=20
http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VU
=20

The above infections can be detected and cleaned using PC Tools Internet Se=
curity or Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus=2E
=20

>> Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus <<=20
http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSS
=20

>> Registry Mechanic <<
http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VST
=20

>> PC Tools Internet Security <<
http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VY
=20

>> Desktop Maestro <<
http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSU
=20
=20

Send to a friend
http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/ff/c?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VgVT=
TTUTB=20

This message was intended for 'doc=40freebsd=2Eorg'=20

You have received this message because you are subscribed to 'PC Tools news=
letter and special promotions'=2E

Update your email subscription=20
http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSWVL=
uHptVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjn

Unsubscribe=20
http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSWVL=
uHptVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjn

To contact us please email reply-newsletter=40email=2Epctools=2Ecom

PC Tools Limited=20
Brookvale Plaza, East Park, Shannon, Co=2E Clare, Ireland=2E
Copyright (c) 2009 PC Tools=2E All rights reserved=2E=20

=20

------msg_border--