Date:      Mon,  1 May 2000 13:37:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dhesi@rahul.net (Rahul Dhesi)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stop complaining about x11 please (was: Re: Why does PORTS SUCK so BADLY!?)

Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com> writes:

>The QtGL extensions aren't absolutely necessary, but in the package I'd
>like to support as much as possible. Which is why I haven't gotten
>around to making GL support an option in the port. (That, and time is a
>luxury.)

I know that time is a luxury, which is why I have the 5-minute solution
for you and for every other ports mainteriner.

Add a section to the Makefile that goes something like this:

   ## DEPENDENCIES
   ## This ports depends on xxx, yyy, zzz.
   ## xxx is used for <purpose>.  It's not essential.  Default is off.
   ## To enable xxx, uncomment the next line.
   #<symbol> = <rhs>
   ## yyy is used for <purpose>.  This is quite important and should
   ## be left in.  However, the port will build without it.  Default is on.
   ## To disable yyy, comment out the next line.
   <symbol> = <rhs>
   ## zzz is essential and must not be removed.
   <symbol> = <rhs>
   ## END DEPENDENCIES
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@email.rahul.net> (spam-filtered with RSS and ORBS)