Date:      Fri, 06 Oct 1995 09:17:08 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
To:        dfk@wildcat.cs.dartmouth.edu (David Kotz)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java?

>   Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 16:24:19 +1000 (EST)
>   From: Anthony Hill <ahill@netspace.net.au>
>
>   On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, David Kotz wrote:
>
>   > Anyone know if Java (interpreter and/or compiler component) will be
>   > available for FreeBSD?
>
>   Well the new UNIX version of netscape (due in a few days) is supposed
>   to support Java, dont know about authoring tools though.
>
>I don't want a browser, I don't want HotJava, I want to run Java
>programs.
>
>dave

But that's what the browser does, right? (runs Java programs).  At least,
HotJava did the last time I played with it.  The HotJava package included a
compiler (I think) but I guess you won't get that with Netscape.

Scott.

 Scott Mitchell, CompSci Dept, Queen Mary & Westfield College, London, UK
   email: scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk   WWW: http://www.dcs.qmw.ac.uk/~scott/
          finger scott@redstar.dcs.qmw.ac.uk for PGP public key