Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:49:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SIGCHLD changes causing fault on nofault entry panics

:In the vmcore I just got, the panic occurred in the following
:fragment in exit1(), when dereferencing p_sigacts (which is
:p_procsig->ps_sigacts). I guess there is a race here if the parent
:is exiting or something?
:
:+	if ((p->p_pptr->p_procsig->ps_flag & PS_NOCLDWAIT)
:+	    || p->p_pptr->p_sigacts->ps_sigact[_SIG_IDX(SIGCHLD)] == SIG_IGN) {
:
:Matt, I will just back out these changes from RELENG_4 shortly
:until the issue is resolved. The change was non-essential and quite
:contained, so it's probably better than waiting for a fix.
:
:Ian

    Ok, I'll take a look at it on the weekend and see if I can track down
    where the panic is coming from.  I'll be that p_sigacts can wind up
    NULL in a reparenting case or something like that.

						-Matt