Date:      Fri, 03 Jun 2011 00:43:41 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fileserver panic - FreeBSD 8.1-stable and zfs

On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 12:44:49 -0700
Artem Belevich <art@freebsd.org> wrote:

> It's probably one of the most frequently reported issues with ZFS.
> While things got quite a bit better lately, you still need to bump up
> kernel VM size with vm.kmem_size tunable. I typically set vm.kmem_size
> tunable to ~2x physical memory size.

Mine is currently untuned:
root@kg-f2# sysctl vm.kmem_size
vm.kmem_size: 1331953664

I guess I have been lucky; the server has been stable for a long time
now.

> In general you may want to update to the latest -stable. There were a
> lot of ZFS fixes committed.

Yes, perhaps now is a good time to do so. I have held back on updates
on this machine, to find out if zfs was stable. And I think it has
been, for me at least.
--
Torfinn