Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:30:31 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Pieter de Goeje <pieter@degoeje.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: java/eclipse and jdk1.6

Hi Pieter,

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 01:58:23PM +0100, Pieter de Goeje wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 February 2008, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm currently trying out java/eclipse with jdk16 on RELENG_7/i386, and
> > am experiencing a crash whenever I try to do a "File > Open File". Eclipse
> > does *not* crash with jdk15. Is anyone else seeing this, or have any
> > suggestions for workarounds?
> >
> > Cheers.
>
> Check out this thread:
>
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200802112312.10253.pieter

I had already searched the archives before I reported the problem, and
your patch only affects java/eclipse-devel, and not java/eclipse. The
code in java/eclipse doesn't appear to use realpath at all.

Looking over your patch, it looks like your fix will fix the crash I have
been experiencing with jdk15 + eclipse-devel combo as well. Maybe it's
time to move from java/eclipse to java/eclipse-devel... Have you had
much success in pushing the patch upstream? It may be an idea to put
this into the java/eclipse-devel port until the upstream source
decides to accept it.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
  If you're right 90% of the time, why quibble about the remaining 3%?