Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:24:52 -0500
From:      "Will Saxon" <WillS@housing.ufl.edu>
To:        <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   netgraph question

Is it possible to force a name onto an unnamed node? I would like to use =
ng_vlan together with ng_fec, but since ng_fec does not seem to provide =
any hooks I thought I could create an ng_ether node and use that. =
However, the ng_ether node cannot capture the name 'fec0' since it is =
already in use by the fec node itself.

I have been able to create a round robin channel with vlans using =
ng_one2many, but I would like to use etherchannel since at least some of =
my switches support the fec implementation.

A somewhat related question - does anyone know what the =
"Cisco-proprietary hashing algorithm" is for the etherchannel =
implementation on new Catalyst devices? Their documentation suggests =
that they aren't doing an XOR on the last 2 bits of the MAC addresses =
anymore.=20

-Will

Will Saxon
Systems Programmer - Network Services
Department of Housing and Residence Education
University of Florida
Email: wills@housing.ufl.edu
Phone: (352) 392-2171 x10148