Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 18:00:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
Cc:        Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>, John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, "John L. Utz III" <john@utzweb.net>, Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, rwatson@freesbsd.org, calvin.austin@sun.com, brian@collab.net, bod@freebsdfoundation.org
Subject:   Re: patchset 2 report (billh's resignation)

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Marc van Kempen wrote:
> If you'd just say "Bill you're an **** for insulting me the way that
> you do, but I have since researched the mailing list and commit logs
> and acknowledge that you have made a big contribution to the whole java
> porting process and more specifically to the hotspot port, and we would
> have certainly consulted you had I known."
>
> Now is that so hard?

You know, one doesn't typically -demand- recognition.

If you're working on something of your own volition "for fun" you can't
seriously expect anything for your efforts.  If you require some sort of
compensation you're free make that a condition for others to use your
work.

Rational people don't go stomping around demanding that the world be
perfect for them.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |