Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:51:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        committers@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recent commit changes extattr backing file format, users beware

FYI: I committed the addition of the magic number and version information
an hour or two ago.  It seems to work fine for me, but please let me know
if you have any problems.  A migration tool doesn't seem useful yet, but
is now feasible :-).

In a day or two, I'll send a post to freebsd-fs describing possible
upsides and downsides to moving to a more integrated attribute mechanism
instead of (and/or in addition to) backing files.

  Robert N M Watson