Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:06:19 +0200
From:      "Dave Raven" <dave@raven.za.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Datasize change

Hi all,
	I'm having a problem where I need to allow a proccess to use up to
1.5gig of memory, however its going to be a problem to recompile my =
kernel.
I know that these options would solve the problem:
	options MAXDSIZ =3D "(1536 * 1024 * 1024)"
	options DFLDSIZ =3D "(1536 * 1024 * 1024)"

However, I'm wondering if there is a way to do it with login.conf =
(limits) -
here you can see the limits when datasize is unspecified (using kernel
default) - however could I increase it through that mechanism? Or is =
there
another way I could do this...

Resource limits (current):
  cputime          infinity secs