Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:37:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        des@ofug.org
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: caddr_t sweep

In message: <xzp7kodxki8.fsf@flood.ping.uio.no>
            Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org> writes:
: I'm preparing a sweep that will remove incorrect caddr_t casts in
: copy{in,out,str,instr}(), bcopy() and bzero() calls in the kernel.
: This will affect 650 to 700 lines of code, leaving approximately 2,000
: lines of code containing caddr_t casts, most of which are probably
: equally bogus but will take more work to eradicate.
:
: This will probably cause merge conflicts for some of you.  I apologize
: for the inconvenience.

i'd like to take a look at this patch before you commit it please.
There are many driver uses of bcopy that are non-obvious and likely
should be bus_space_read instead...

Warner