Date:      Tue, 2 May 1995 23:11:02 -0500
From:      eaparis@mke.ab.com (Eloy A. Paris)
To:        harold barker <hbarker@tusk.dsms.sanmateo.ca.us>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with zp0 driver in 041295 SNAP?

Hello Harold.

>Same problem, return the card to 3com and get a new one.  That will sove
the corupted CIS, it still may not work with free bsd

Hey, what are you saying my friend? The card is working pretty fine under
DOS and Windows. No problems at all. It NOT the hardware!!!

When, after booting with FreeBSD, the CIS of my card gets corrupted, I go
back into DOS and run the program I got from 3Com's FTP site for fixing the
corrupted CIS, it gets cleaned and then I can get connected to the Net
through my LAN. The CIS won't get corrupted again... unless I boot with FreeBSD.

The zp0 driver is the one that is corrupting the CIS... Perhaps it is the
specific combination of my hardware and the zp0 driver.

I apreciatte your answer.

Thanks.

Eloy.-

P.S. I forgot to say in my first mail when I reported my problem that I
tried with TWO different 3C589 cards. With both card I got the same problem
(CIS corruption)

--

Eloy A. Paris
Allen-Bradley de Venezuela

"Los poderosos nos parecen grandes solo porque estamos de rodillas,
levantemonos!!!"

Carlos Marx