Date:      Tue, 29 May 2007 11:11:58 +0100
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@incunabulum.net>
To:        Rudy Rucker <crapsh@monkeybrains.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ifconfig carp0 destroy = kernel panic

Rudy Rucker wrote:

> This is an old problem with FreeBSD 6.x.
>
> Three questions:
> Why has this not been patched in the CVS tree?
It has already been fixed in -CURRENT.

Unless, of course, this is a different bug. I believe the bug you are
referring to is the one whereby carp doesn't back out of allocations it
makes on member interfaces correctly.
> Is there a solution that works?
Not for RELENG_6.
> Should I be posting this to freebsd-questions?
Mu.

It's unlikely the fix will be MFCed to RELENG_6 because it involves some
of the changes related to address refcounting which either break the ABI
or are not conservative enough for -STABLE.

BMS