Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 2002 21:49:12 -0200
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   (review plz) Documenting MASTER_SITES:n code

Hi,

	I finally wrote a long addendum to porters handbook
documentation for MASTER_SITES:n code. For those of you who do not
know what I am talking about, check porters-handbook section entitled
"Multiple distribution files from different sites".

- Multiple distribution files from different sites
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/x1121.html#AEN1245

	That was the previous documentation. :) I've just finished
writing a thourough documentation for MASTER_SITES:n feature.

	A patch against porters-handbook can be found in
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~lioux/patch-book.sgml

	A book.html sample with the new documentation can be found
in http://people.FreeBSD.org/~lioux/book.html.gz

	For those of you who are lucky enough to have a browser
which can parse gzipped html, you can access the new MASTER_SITES:n
entry in

http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/book.html.gz#PORTING-MASTER-SITES-N

	Please review both text, grammar, content, syntax, diagramming
(of course) and sgml markup. :)

	I didn't add <makevar></makevar> around constructs such
as {MASTER,PATCH}{_SITE_SUBDIR,_SITES} which is a sh shell
construct. I didn't add a markup out of pure doubt. I could either
expand that construct to

or, not expand at all but mark it up
<makevar>{MASTER,PATCH}{_SITE_SUBDIR,_SITES}</makevar>

	What do you experts think is best? :)
I would like to commit this before the end of the week so that we
have a complete documentation on MASTER_SITES:n for 5.0-RELEASE.

	I intend to write documentation for ports/MOVED file next
but for committer's guide.  If you guys have anything already
written, let me know.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer