Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:18:14 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        apeiron@comcast.net
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uhid recently broken

In message: <20040823041105.GA703@prophecy.dyndns.org>
            Christopher Nehren <apeiron@comcast.net> writes:
: On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 22:52:02 EDT, Doug White scribbled these
: curious markings:
: > Does it get picked up by ugen instead, or doesn't appear at all?  If ugen
: > was grabbing it, you may have forgotten to build uhid in, or load the
: > module before the device was enumerated.
:
: I don't have ugen in my kernel config as I don't have any ugen devices.
: Trying to load it after boot, surprisingly, page faults the kernel (I
: say this on the second attempt to write this reply :-). It doesn't
: appear in the 6.0-CURRENT kernel's device probes whatsoever. I'll build
: a debug kernel without ugen and one with it, in order to obtain some
: more information.
:
: As for forgetting to build uhid in: that's extremely unlikely as I used
: the same kernel config file for both kernels, and I haven't changed it since I
: upgraded to -CURRENT. I use this device every day (okay, I admit, it is
: a desktop system), so I won't be removing it.

I've made some changes in this area recently...  What do you have in
the kernel, and what are you loading?

Warner