Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:06:12 -0800
From:      james michael <jamesthefishy@gmail.com>
To:        Programmer In Training <pit@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs. Linux vs. Win2k

Programmer In Training wrote:
> The FreeBSD os comparison[0] mentioned in the subject line is woefully
> out of date. Where would I go to bug someone about a newer one? I'm
> telling a (relatively) minted geek friend of mine who wants benchmarks
> and stats on FreeBSD vs. Windows XP (and when 7 is supposedly ready for
> prime time, that too).
>
> Keeping something like this up-to-date is definitely would make it a
> good talking point (with such marketing comparisons kept archived for
> reference) for FreeBSD advocacy.
>
> [0]: http://www.freebsd.org/marketing/os-comparison.html

Well murray Stokely made the first one.
http://people.freebsd.org/~murray/ the first one was originally posted
to http://people.freebsd.org/~murray/bsd_flier.html but I would even be
willing to make a FreeBSD 7.2 vs Linux Debian Lenny vs Windows XP or
Windows 7. Although Windows XP still holds most the windows market.