Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 11:27:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Ames <steve@cioeserv.cioe.com>
To:        gpalmer@FreeBSD.org, steve@cioeserv.cioe.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Token Ring Support

> > > Please feel free to write TR support for us :-)
>
> > Translation: Use Linux for this one. Got it.
>
> The problem is that none of the core developers (that I am aware of)
> have access to TR networks, so support for TR isn't very easy for us
> to do. If someone who DOES have access to a TR network and wants
> support for TR in FreeBSD, I suggest they contact hackers@freebsd.org
> (or core@freebsd.org at a push) and offer to help, as without outside
> help, this is going to be a sticking point.

Wasn't being upset, your answer was legitimate and was what I
needed. I have the same problem with TR. I just had a sudden need
to support TR (read, for work) and needed a decisive answer about
FreeBSDs support of TR. Once the answer was received I built my
first Linux machine and happily passed it on to the customer.

> (I myself only use 10bT/100bT ethernet and sync. serial at work, and I
> would have a hard time justifying getting a TR testbed just for me to
> play with)

Ditto. And no one is going to run TR at home (I have 10bT just like
most of the rest of us). *shrug* I'm not pushing for TR support,
there are far more things I'd rather have in FreeBSD than TR support.

					-Steve