Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2017 08:19:21 +0200
From:      Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
To:        Dustin Marquess <dmarquess@gmail.com>
Cc:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Allwinner GPIO IRQ?

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 17:22:11 -0500
Dustin Marquess <dmarquess@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ian,
>
> Thanks for the confirmation!  I'm not exactly a kernel-level dev, so I
> was just pretty much guessing and poking around :).
>
> Thanks!
> -Dustin

 As Ian said the controller driver doesn't support interrupts, this
would be easy to add but I have too much stuff to do so if someone want
to work on this I'll be very happy.

> On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2017-07-31 at 15:38 -0500, Dustin Marquess wrote:
> >> I'm trying to setup gpiopps on my Pine A64.  I managed to hack up the
> >> device tree and that part seems to work, however I was getting:
> >>
> >> gpiopps0: Pin cannot be configured for the requested signal edge
> >>
> >> I noticed that sys/arm/allwinner/a10_gpio.c had:
> >>
> >> #define A10_GPIO_DEFAULT_CAPS   (GPIO_PIN_INPUT | GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT
> >>     GPIO_PIN_PULLUP | GPIO_PIN_PULLDOWN)
> >>
> >> So I changed that to:
> >>
> >> #define A10_GPIO_DEFAULT_CAPS   (GPIO_PIN_INPUT | GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT
> >>     GPIO_PIN_PULLUP | GPIO_PIN_PULLDOWN | GPIO_INTR_MASK)
> >>
> >> That changed the error to:
> >>
> >> gpiopps0: Cannot allocate an IRQ for the GPIO
> >>
> >> And now I'm having problems finding a DEVMETHOD mapping for
> >> bus_alloc_resource for the Allwinner gpios.  Am I right in guessing
> >> that this code simply doesn't exist yet?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >> -Dustin
> >
> > It looks like you've got the right bottom line: aw gpio isn't ready to
> > support interrupts yet.  It's not because bus_alloc_resource is
> > missing, it's because the code just doesn't support being an interrupt
> > controller yet.  The methods missing are these (from imx_gpio.c):
> >
> >         DEVMETHOD(pic_disable_intr,     gpio_pic_disable_intr),
> >         DEVMETHOD(pic_enable_intr,      gpio_pic_enable_intr),
> >         DEVMETHOD(pic_map_intr,         gpio_pic_map_intr),
> >         DEVMETHOD(pic_setup_intr,       gpio_pic_setup_intr),
> >         DEVMETHOD(pic_teardown_intr,    gpio_pic_teardown_intr),
> >         DEVMETHOD(pic_post_filter,      gpio_pic_post_filter),
> >         DEVMETHOD(pic_post_ithread,     gpio_pic_post_ithread),
> >         DEVMETHOD(pic_pre_ithread,      gpio_pic_pre_ithread),
> >
> > From a quick glance at the docs, it looks like only 32 of the pins on
> > allwinner can be configured as interrupt sources, but it doesn't look
> > like our code is ready to do that at all (I don't see any pins in the
> > padconf tables that have "irq" as one of their choices).

 Yes, not all pins can be interrupts sources.
 I've added for most of the padconf information on which pins can do it
(see
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/arm/allwinner/a20/a20_padconf.c?revision=310117&view=markup#l104
for example).
 They are named eint like in the datasheet and linux (so a dts that
would reference them on linux would work for us).