Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2012 03:41:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Duckbreath <duckbreath@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to suppress PAM/sshd root login warnings?

My system has root login via sshd disabled, and it is going to stay disable=
d.=0A=0AI don't care if the whole of the entire internet tries to login as =
root, because:=0A=0ARoot login is disabled.=0A=0AHowever, syslog likes to p=
rint little warnings on my console, and in my auth.log, everytime some bot =
tries.=0AI would like to disable the displaying and logging of these messag=
es.=A0 Login attempts on non-root accounts are of interest to me, so I don'=
t want to disable those messages; I only want to disable messages in which =
the attempt is the root user, because:=0A=0ARoot login is disabled.=0A=0ATh=
ere is no way I am going to ban all the bots, forget that.=A0 I'm not getti=
ng pam_abl or some other auto-black list solution.=A0 Not going there.=A0 I=
'm OK with them trying, I just want to stop seeing the messages.=0A=0ACan a=
nyone help me out with this?