Date:      Mon, 3 May 2004 17:17:49 +0200
From:      Christian Hiris <4711@chello.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice run problem

--Boundary-02=_oKmlACoEce+mvCe

On Sunday 02 May 2004 21:36, Derrick wrote:
> I am attempting to run the precompiled version of OO-1.1_0.1, but am
> having trouble on my 5.2 system.  Whenever I try to run the setup, I get
> this:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found
>
> which leads me to believe I am missing a dependant install.  I looked at
> the dependancies and I thought I saw them all listed under pkg_info, so
> I would like to verify what produces the above so.4 file.
>
> Anyone got a clue as to what I need to install?
>
> TIA
>
> -Derrick

this sounds like your openoffice package was built on freebsd 4.x.=20
on freebsd 5.2 libc_r version is 5 (libc_r.so.5). you might try to install =
the=20
compat4x package. it's a version 4 compatibility package, which allows you =
to=20
run 4.x binaries on 5.x systems. however, i would prefer to fetch an=20
up-to-date package of openoffice or build it from soure.=20

regards=20
ch