Date:      Tue, 04 Mar 2003 11:39:53 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        "Brian J. McGovern" <bmcgover@cisco.com>, qa@freebsd.org, bmcgover@bmcgover-pc.cisco.com, bmcgover@bmcgover-pc.cisco.com
Subject:   Re: Changes to libfetch in 5.0 break proxy support?

 > "Brian J. McGovern" <bmcgover@cisco.com> writes:
 > > > You can try to work around it by setting FTP_PROXY to an empty string,
 > > > which would tell libfetch not to use a proxy for FTP downloads.
 > > Unfortunately, I need the proxy to get out of our restricted lab network.
 >
 > Well, it definitely looks like your proxy doesn't support FTP.
 >
 > Any particular reason why you're using Apache for proxying, BTW?  Have
 > you tried Squid instead?

Again, it seems to work with 4.7 and prior versions, so it seems to be a change
with 5.0.

As to using apache over Squid or somesuch, its more historical, habit and
"whats available" than any technology religion. Again, where its been
working, theres been no need to find something else. If its not going to work,
and its not a quick fix, I probably will explore alternatives.

	-Brian