Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 1997 17:08:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), proff@suburbia.net, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Internal clock

> > > And BETA is better than VHS, but BETA lost.
> > >
> > > Doing the technically corect thing is a necessary, but not a sufficient,
> > > condition for achieving riches.
> >
> > Huh?  What *are* you talking about?  I was talking about 'easier said
> > than done', not 'doing it because it should be done.'  One is an issue
> > of time/resources, the other is NOT.
>
> You were attributing "We'd all be richer than Bill Gates" to having
> preknowledge, implying that there isn't a formula that you can follow
> to get the same results.

[
drags his old beat up stool out of the shed, sticks a piece of wheat
between my teeth, and starts to speak with a slow Southern drawl...
]

*old-timer-advice-mode-on*

As my pappy used to say, you can have *anything* you want in life, you
just can't have *everything* you want.  So, if you want to be as rich as
Bill Gates, you can be.  But, in the process you will probably also be
as despised as he is, because in the path to get there he stepped on
alot of people, offended most of his early partners, and basically gave
up on having a 'normal' life/family.

Sure, you can have that if you want, but you have to give up alot of
other things you want in life.

*old-timer-advice-mode-off*

You can have anything you want Terry, you just can't have everything.
You want everything, and I'm sorry to be the one that breaks it to you
but it ain't gonna happen.

> Software does not mutate.

You've never been involved with 'Real' software projects then, and again
are showing your ignorance of how the real world does things.

When you gonna enter the real world?

Nate