Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 21:25:54 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.net>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>, freebsd@timog.prestel.co.uk, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DEVFS & SLICE?

> Hmm... reference to MFS working? Really? I seem to notice otherwise. For

Probably seems that way due to insufficient gathering of evidence.
I've been using MFS on all my -current boxes for awhile and even set
the 32 minute "worldstone" record on the quad-Xeon box by sticking
/usr/src and /usr/obj entirely in the MFS (1GB of memory sure helps).
I experienced no crashes or instability that could be attributed to
MFS.

- Jordan