Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 13:39:54 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        "Nicolas" <list@rachinsky.de>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Hexedit

At 11:27 PM +0100 11/5/00, Nicolas wrote:
>Is there a hexeditor available for FreeBSD?
>Which one would you recommend?

My friends and I tend to use one called 'bpe' (binary program
editor, IIRC).  It is not in the base system, and it is not
in the ports collection (yet?).  In fact, we had a bit of
trouble tracking down the newest version.  We then changed it
to use autoconf, and the result works pretty well on freebsd.

One nice thing about it is that it edits files in place, which
means you can edit huge files.  One downside is that you can
only OVERWRITE information in the file, you can't add or delete
anything.

I can dig that up if it seems interesting.
--

---