Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 08:27:21 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, jdp@polstra.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heads up: src/games/boggle (tm) will soon be removed from repository

> > > I'm going to nuke the boggle (tm) files from the CVS repository this
> > > weekend.  If you update your sources using CVS, and have not done a
> > > "cvs update -P" in your games tree since Feburary 11, you will need to
> > > do one before this weekend.
> >
> > So you decided against running the committer (a committer is a type
> > of shell interpreter ;-)) script that I posted that would have
> > accomplished the rename without this type of damage?
>
> It would have created the exact same damage, but immediately so that
> users would't have had the chance to not have the damage.
>
> If you understood how CVS works, you'd know this.  I though you had used
> CVS in a past life, but apparently not.

The -P would still have been required, yes.  "This type of damage" refers
to the precedent set, and the potential future ramifications.

I think we are done talking about this.  FreeBSD has made their bed,
and we'll see what happens when Sun or some other company comes to
tuck them in.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---