Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:07:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Ames <steve@energistic.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   can't compile kernel?

This started yesterday after an upgrade to a recent -CURRENT (prior
version was perhaps 4 days old). Some programs (specifically bind9
and mysql-server) starting aborting with a sig6.

Figuring maybe I just caught an update in the middle or some such
I updated the source again and rebuilt world. No problems. I then
tried to compile a kernel and cannot. cpp0 exits with an internal
error:

awk -f /usr/src/sys/tools/makeobjops.awk /usr/src/sys/isa/isa_if.m -h
awk -f /usr/src/sys/tools/makeobjops.awk /usr/src/sys/pci/agp_if.m -h
if [ -f .olddep ]; then mv .olddep .depend; fi
rm -f .newdep
make -V CFILES -V SYSTEM_CFILES -V GEN_CFILES -V GEN_M_CFILES |  MKDEP_CPP="cc -
E" CC="cc" xargs mkdep -a -f .newdep -O -pipe  -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-
externs -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcas
t-qual  -fformat-extensions -ansi  -nostdinc -I-  -I. -I/usr/src/sys -I/usr/src/
sys/dev -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/acpica -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter -D_KER
NEL -include opt_global.h -fno-common  -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -ffreestandi
ng
cc: Internal error: Segmentation fault (program cpp0)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html>; for instructions.
mkdep: compile failed
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SB.
*** Error code 1

Thoughts? Anything I can provide to help narror this down further?

-Steve