Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 09:00:37 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   yp and adduser

When I do an adduser in a NIS/YP environment, that is, on the NIS
master, shouldn't the yp databases be updated automatically?

I added a user using /usr/sbin/adduser and that user could not login
at the clients until I explicitly did a make in /var/yp.

(my MASTER_PASSWD is /etc/master.passwd, btw.)

I thought rpc.yppasswdd woudl detect a change in MASTER_PASSWD
and issue a new make run or am I wrong about the mechanism?

Otherwise adduser could be augmented by adding a yp dependent
action causing the yp databases to be rebuilt.