Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 2015 17:48:02 -0700
From:      Frank Jahnke <jahnke@sonatabio.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Evolution Indexing Problem

I am having a major problem getting Evolution to index my Inbox
properly.  The symptom is that only the last week of my emails can be
accessed/displayed, in spite of having a 1.3 GB size.  This started
about a week ago.

Initially I thought it was that the Inbox size was getting too large, so
I split it into two using mutt_mbox_split.sh.  This is a bash shell
script that invokes mutt to sort mbox files by beginning and ending
date.

The older email messages (750 MB) are indexed and displayed properly.
The newer ones (500 MB) simply have resisted every effort that I could
think of to index and hence display properly (and yes, I have done the
usual removal of the various Inbox* files, and allowed Evolution to
rebuild).

The system is Evolution 2.32.1 on Mate 1.6.1 (a Gnome2 fork) on FreeBSD
10.0-RELEASE 64 bit running in a VMWare Workstation 7.15 virtual machine
on an up-to-date 64-bit version of Windows 7.  There is plenty of memory
and disk, both real and virtual, for the task.  This has worked properly
for years, and the problem described here is recent.  Everything else
seems to work just fine.

I would appreciate any suggestions on what I might do to get my Inbox
working properly.  I live off of email, so this is important to me.

Frank Jahnke
Sonata Biosciences, Inc.