Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:16:10 +0100
From:      Heiko Wundram <modelnine@modelnine.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: valgrind on FreeBSD 7

Am Dienstag, 18. M=E4rz 2008 06:44:23 schrieb Daniel O'Connor:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Mike Silbersack wrote:
> > Here's a tarball of what's in perforce right now.  I tried it a
> > little bit, and it seemed to work for me.  Make sure to install the
> > kernel module!
> >
> > http://www.silby.com/valgrind_freebsd_3.tar.gz
> >
> > But don't send me questions about it - I'm not an expert on it, I'm
> > just the guy who grabbed it from perforce and found that it seems to
> > work. :)
>
> Thanks for that (and to whomever is cutting the code)!
>
> Valgrind is an enormously helpful tool.

Okay, so far valgrind on FreeBSD 7 isn't workable for me, simply because it=
=20
doesn't yet support threading (missing syscall implementation, which causes=
=20
the running program to bomb).

Anyway, if there is anybody who's regularily cutting releases from the=20
perforce tree, if you'd be so kind to give me a hint when a new release is=
=20
available, I'd be more than grateful to give it a run!

Thanks!

=2D-=20
Heiko Wundram