Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2013 09:18:51 -0500
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
To:        "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Announce: Unofficial binary package builds for old releases

On Jun 6, 2013, at 6:18 AM, "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net> =
wrote:
>=20
> Currently building ports from the source, I don't know if I would use =
these binary packages, but for pkgng, since FreeBSD is pushing users to =
switch from old-style packages, it might be good to provide pkgng =
packages for the newer releases of FreeBSD, >=3D 9.0, maybe not =
worthwhile on 8.x and earlier.
>=20

Okay, a few dozen people have asked for pkgng packages now, so I'll get =
those started ASAP. Also working on PPC packages.